On-Site workshops for Parents and Educators of Young Children
Write Beginnings provides workshops and trainings for your organization. Choose the topic from below that best suits your population
Building Blocks of Handwriting Workshop
- Learn the crucial motor skills that are necessary for young children to develop in order to be successful at handwriting.
- Explore specific games, toys, crayons, scissors, and fun hand-strengthening activities for young children that make a difference!
- Learn how to help children develop a proper pencil grasp for coloring and writing.
- Identify easy ways to incorporate effective motor activities into your daily routine at home or in your classroom.
- Enjoy raffle prizes of some of the presenter’s favorite fine motor materials!
Sensory Processing 101
- Learn the basics of sensory processing and why successful sensory integration is so important for learning and behavior.
- Loads of practical tips are provided to help all kids cope with sensory processing difficulties, especially those that impact daily life such as dressing, grooming, bathing, and eating.
- Practical and easy-to-implement classroom strategies to help students with sensory sensitivities are discussed.
- Tips on how to modify your environment, schedule, and routine both at home and school to help children of all abilities will be covered.
- Enjoy raffle prizes of some of the presenter’s favorite sensory tools!