HOW TO SET UP A WORKSHOP AT YOUR SCHOOL/FACILITY
You can set up a Write Beginnings workshop at your facility in six steps:
1. REQUEST a workshop and date at your school site. Advanced notice helps ensure you can get a preferred date.
2. Following confirmation of a workshop date, you will receive specific information about your event, provided electronically, for you to copy and distribute to teachers and families.
3. Notify teachers about the upcoming workshop so they can encourage parent attendance. Schools that have been successfully promoting a workshop have done so through the coordinated efforts of all schools staff members.
4. Maintain a list of attendees. There is a 20 person minimum for workshops. Groups have been successful using E-vite, Sign Up Genius, or simply keeping at sign up list at their school site. Attendees may pay individually via cash, check, or credit card. Payment is due at the door the day of the event. Schools who wish to pay for staff members, collectively, may do so at that time. (see information below on WORKSHOP FEES).
5. Prior to the event, select a space at your facility that will accommodate your participants. The presenter will need several large tables available and access to the meeting space at least 45 minutes prior to start time.
6. Please remind parents that this is an educational opportunity for adults. The workshops are not designed to include children.
- Individual Registration The workshop fee is $25 per person. Individual attendees may pay at the door, via credit card, cash or check.
- Minimum Registration Workshops require a minimum of 20 paid participants or a minimum fee of $500. If minimum attendance is not met on the day of the event, the school/organization is responsible for the balance.
- Please contact Write Beginnings for rates if your school/organization would like to sponsor a workshop for all participants.
- Checks Write Beginnings accepts checks from individual participants and from organizations/schools.
- Cancellation Schools may cancel a scheduled workshop with no penalty up to one week prior to the event. A fee of $75 is due for cancellations less than one week prior to the event.
- Presenter Travel Expenses If the workshop is held at a location more than 45 miles from Davis, California, the presenter’s travel expenses will be added onto the workshop fee. This additional fee is frequently covered directly by the school site in order to keep the cost lower for individual attendees.