Every time I hear Stephanie speak at our school, I learn more easy strategies I can implement into my classroom to help improve my student’s fine motor skills. Her perspective on development is so valuable to preschool teachers. The knowledge I have acquired from her has made me much more effective in the classroom. I would highly recommend her trainings to fellow preschool educators!
Teacher Trainings: Incorporating Occupational Therapy Techniques into the Preschool Classroom
Did you Know?
- Many children do not have sufficient hand skills to support efficient handwriting.
Young children are often encouraged to use pencils and markers before they are developmentally ready.
- Early writing practice often results in poor pencil grasp, poor legibility, bad habits that are hard to break, and an avoidance of writing later in school.
- Preschool-age children need to focus on developing crucial foundational skills to ensure academic success.
What will You Learn?
- Developmental grasp patterns and how to choose the correct coloring/writing tool for students.
- What teachers can do to better prepare young children for success with handwriting later in school.
- Practical classroom strategies to help students with sensory sensitivities.
- Tips on how to easily modify your classroom environment, schedule, and routine to help children of all abilities.
- Lots of activity ideas to help facilitate the development of hand skills that are inexpensive, fun, and easy to implement in a variety of preschool settings.
Who should attend?
Stephanie’s breadth and depth of knowledge of occupational therapy strategies for preschool and school-aged children is reinforced by her sensitivity and passion to educate teachers so we can provide the best accommodations for all of our students.
- This informative training is designed for preschool directors and classroom teaching staff.
- Valuable tips, activities, and accommodations, can be easily incorporated into schools with varying philosophies, space, and funding sources.
- Developmental patterns and activities discussed are relevant to children of all abilities.
Cost for Teacher Trainings
- To receive a quote on hosting a Teacher Training for your school, please contact me directly at Stephanie@writebeginningsot.com
- A Teacher Training session is 45 – 60 minutes in length.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT TEACHER TRAININGS? CONTACT ME!
TEACHER TRAINING BOOKING INFORMATION
CONTACT ME TO INQUIRE ABOUT BOOKING A TEACHER TRAINING