Stephanie does an amazing job of explaining the complex topic of sensory processing in ways that all parents can understand and relate to. I now plan to create a “chill-out space” in our home for my three boys, and I found the strategies she suggested for helping kids tolerate dressing, grooming, and dining out especially helpful. Her workshop is a wealth of information for all kinds of families.
Did you Know?
- There are two crucial sensory systems –the vestibular and proprioceptive systems — beyond the traditional “seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, and touching” that play a critical role in successfully interacting with the world.
- Symptoms of sensory processing disorder (SPD), like those of most disorders, occur within a broad spectrum of severity.
- Young children often have not yet developed language to express what they are feeling or the coping skills to deal with sensory difficulties.
- Teaching children how to calm down and self-regulate is an important life skill that is often overlooked.
What will You Learn?
- What sensory processing is and why effective sensory integration is so important for learning and behavior
- What to do when children struggle with sensory processing.
- Strategies for helping children cope, especially with daily activities such as eating, grooming, dressing, and going to bed.
- Tips on how to avoid sensory overload and how to create an effective “chill-out space”.
- Red flags to identify sensory processing problems in children.
Who should attend?
Each time Stephanie presents, our preschool seems to buzz with new ideas, techniques, tricks, and success stories!
- This interactive workshop is primarily designed for parents and educators working with young children.
- Valuable tips, activities, and accommodations, can be easily incorporated into both school and home environments.
- Developmental patterns and activities discussed are relevant to children of all abilities.
Cost for Workshop
- $25 per person — Cash, check or credit card payment at the door.
- There is a 20 person minimum to hold this event.
- See Fee information.
- Workshop is 1.5 – 2 hours in length.
- Please contact Write Beginnings if your school/organization would like to sponsor a workshop for all participants.
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SENSORY WORKSHOP? CONTACT ME!
WORKSHOP BOOKING INFORMATION
CONTACT ME TO INQUIRE ABOUT BOOKING A WORKSHOP